Low Scar cute belly button. Smart Shape Body has a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 20 years’ experience to give you that mommy makeover you have been waiting for. With our seamless incisions and Liposuction of the waist we can give you a Newley sculpted physique.
Many patients seek a tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, for a variety of reasons. Candidates who intend to lose a lot of weight and/or are planning future pregnancies may want to postpone this procedure. Keep in mind a tummy tuck will only remove stretch marks on the piece of skin that is excised. This procedure is frequently performed in combination with liposuction to specific areas you want to have contoured.
What Happens During A Tummy Tuck Procedure?
This procedure can last between one to four hours depending on the method best for you: mini or standard.
In a traditional tummy tuck an incision is made above the public area that spans from one hip bone to the other. In order to lift the skin and cut away he excess we will separate the skin from the abdominal wall and suture the skin together again in it’s new position. If needed, your belly button will be re-positioned and sutured.
Partial Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck)
To begin, a shorter incision is made above the pubic area. Your navel may not be moved but may be pulled into an abnormal shape as the skin is stretched and tightened. Skin is separated only between the incision line and your navel. The skin is lifted, stretched down and excess skin removed. Finally, the incision is sutured and dressings are applied. You may wish to include a limited muscle repair or liposuction.
Cost of A Tummy Tuck
Smart Shape Body is conscious of our patients’ budgets and we keep our prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation to discuss pricing. At Smart Shape Body we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
Preparing For A Tummy Tuck
The preparation for your surgery starts during your consultation. Your needs and desires are unique and the consultation is a time for us to get on the same page as well as discuss your expectations and answer any questions you have about your surgery. In the consultation we will ask about your medical history and require a list of medications you are currently taking.
Review Your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. may be prescribed.. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.